Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bestest Friends

I've been thinking about friendships a lot lately. How some get closer and some get further. Some come back in your life and some walk out. It's had me up and it's had me down. Sometimes as friendships grow and fade, you begin to wonder why you hear from people less. Or why things just don't feel like they used to. I think most of life can get confusing when you let circumstance and emotions take over instead of resting in the cold hard facts.

And the facts are these... I learned tonight that friendships may become foggy around the plateaus of life, but around the best and the worst times... that's when friends shine. Your best friend is the one you call when you just need someone to cry to, or when you need someone that can smile from the inside out right along with you. Best friendship is when you truly feel like you're standing right next to someone, holding their hand, feeling their joy run through your blood just like its running through theirs. So good. It feels so good. I'm happy. =)

1 comment:

KB said...

I'm happy too!!! thanks for smiling from the inside out with me :) :) :) Love you Amy Harder-Husted ;)